8-11 years old.
Wildlife Academy (Mammals) - 25th February 2022
Our one day Wildlife Academy (Mammals) course is an amazing chance for 8-11 year olds to learn all about the mammals that call our Wildlife Park and Animal Management Unit home. The academy runs from 9:30AM until 4:00PM. Drop offs can be from 9:00AM and pickups until 4:30PM.
Your day will include a range of mammal-focused activities including:
- Daily care and husbandry,
- Feeding and diet plans,
- Handling & veterinary care.
- Enrichment and training.
Terms and Conditions
- Online booking and payment is required
- All information is correct at the time of writing, we reserve the right to amend the experience as necessary to accommodate for the unpredictable nature of working with animals and children.
- The experience is run subject to demand. If we are unable to run the experience we will contact you as soon as possible, and issue a full refund.
- Askham Bryan College and the Wildlife Park do not accept liability for any damage incurred to personal belongings whilst at the Wildlife Park or on College property.
- If you have any concerns or complaints please contact us immediately on email@example.com.
- Course fees can only be refunded in the most exceptional circumstances.
- Askham Bryan College and the Wildlife Park are committed to dealing with complaints in an equitable and consistent manner. Askham Bryan College and the Wildlife Park expect participants/parents/carers to raise their concerns if they are dissatisfied with any aspect of the delivery of its various services. In the first instance any concerns should be raised directly with the group leaders if possible. If this proves unsatisfactory we can escalate complaints which are submitted in writing (including via e-mail).
- Askham Bryan College and the Wildlife Park are committed to equality of opportunity and opposes discrimination against anyone because of their race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, disability, class, age, religion, marital or employment status.
- Participants are required to act responsibly with reasonable care for their own and others’ health and safety. This means they will be required to follow staff instructions at all times, and to report any risks they perceive to the staff members present. Being safe in the wildlife park will be addressed in the induction session on the first day
Participants are expected at all times to:
- Behave appropriately and respect the College and Wildlife Park environment;
- Treat fellow participants, staff and other guests with consideration;
- Follow the instructions given by staff.
Any serious misconduct will be escalated to the emergency contacts and within the College. We reserve the right to withdraw participants from activities if there are any health and safety concerns, including the inability to follow staff instructions.
If you cancel your Wildlife Academy place between 1 and 7 days before the published start date, then 50% of the course fee is payable. If you cancel your place on or after the published start date then the full fee is payable. If you are absent for certain days during the week these cannot be partially refunded. If you cancel your Wildlife Academy place with more than 7 days’ notice a £10 cancellation fee will be charged.